V2 now available for beta testing

Easy Data Transform v2.0.0 beta 1 is now available for testing and feedback on Windows and Mac.

Find out more and download the beta release at:

Feel free to post general feedback here. Please email bug reports to support.

2 Likes

Hi -

These additions are nice but (to me) are a little underwhelming for a v2 release. Are the ‘big ones’ that were mentioned in this post (and several others) still on the roadmap? It is these kind of things that I personally was looking forward to. To name a couple:

• Linking to remote datasets / using APIs
  • Visualisations

They are still very much on the roadmap. But we wanted to get the existing functionality working as well as possible before embarking on whole new areas, such as visualization. We were also guided by what customers asked us for. And things like schema versioning and data validation came up a lot more than visualization.

1 Like

Hi @Admin !

Why are we not applying this column selection by name also in filter and if transformations? I see a this being really useful in there. Any chance it can be done?

It isn’t a trivial change. But it is something we will look at adding in future got If and Filter. Also for Insert variable in Substitute and Javascript.

Thank you @Admin / Andy: I am sorry if I came up a little bit brute here, it wasn’t the intention. I was pretty sure you were aware but wanted to stress-out how important this would be for the other transformations you mentioned. I work with a lot of reports that have a huge amount of columns and this would solve gathering them much faster in the main transformation nodes I use vs EDT V1.

No offence taken. ;0)

These are on the wishlist. If I get chance, I will have a look at doing them before the v2.0 release. But, if it is a lot of work, it will probably get pushed to v2.1 or later.

1 Like

a very impressive update - thank you.

Will try to test some features and give feedback.

1 Like

@Johnnycash
I managed to squeeze it in.

Very good! Thanks so much Andy!