Unique Transform - Drop down option to ignore (not use) a column

In the Unique Transform, it would be nice to have the option to ignore a column. This would save the user an extra step of having to first use the Remove Col Transform.

I could embed features of Sort, Rename Cols and Remove Cols into various other transforms to reduce the number of transforms required. But it does start to blur the lines between the transforms a bit and makes it a bit less clear what is going on. Especially when you start to combine row based transforms (such as Unique) with column based transforms (such as Remove Cols). On balance I prefer to keep the transforms simple and distinct, even if it means you need a few more transforms.

I fully understand. To me, one of the huge benefits of EDT is the easy traceability of data.

1 Like

I fully understand the base concept and idea of keeping transforms separate, but since the Unique transform does a lot of changes (yes, mostly in number of rows, not columns - but it can/does change what a column actually is with its column transforms - a column goes in as a single number and comes out as a sum or concat column…), it would be nice to have “Remove” as an option in the drop-down on what should happen to the column.
I fully accept your position on that, just wanted to share mine and my experiences in the workflow.

1 Like

I will bear it in mind for v2.