In two screen mode, selecting a window should focus both windows

I really like the two screen mode, really helps with multiple monitors. But there’s one gotcha. Focussing one window doesn’t bring its companion window to the top, which is problematic.

The best example: I’m working with two instances of EDT. Let’s say I’m viewing the first on my main monitor, with its companion window on the secondary monitor. If I switch to the second instance, the second monitor continues to display the first.

Focussing any window should bring all windows from that process to the top.

1 Like

To be honest we hadn’t really thought about working with 2 instances of Easy Data Transform in dual screen mode. But I can see that the focus issue could be annoying if you do. Hopefully it will be easy to fix. We will look into it soon.

Just to be clear, it’s annoying even with a single instance. I move between EDT and other apps consuming the transformed files, and that second window doesn’t gain the focus. I have to “Alt-Tab” twice…

So basically, in two screen mode, whenever the main window (with the left and center pane) is moved to the front of the window stack on monitor 1, you want the right pane to be moved to the front of the window stack on monitor 2? Similarly, if the right pane is moved to the front of the window stack on monitor 2 you want the main window to to be moved to the front of the window stack on monitor 1?

Exact.
By the way, I’m using the Windows app.

It looks farily straightforward to do this. Just trying to work through the various cases.

If right pane is minimized on monitor 2 and you bring the main window to the front on monitor 1, is the right pane shown and brought to the front on monitor 2? Or does it stay minimized?

Actually unminimizing is problematic as it activates window 2, which activates window 1, which activates window 2…

But I think I have it working for ok the case where the windows are not minimized. Please try it and let me know if it works ok for you:

Windows: https://www.easydatatransform.com/downloads/EasyDataTransform_1_13_2_snapshot_2.exe

It does seem to work fine. Thanks.
And minimized windows can stay minimized anyway.

Thanks for letting us know.