How to add a join to ongoing transformation without loosing downstream changes

Hi Team,

I have the following question attached to the image I am posting: I have a transformation stream with multiple nodes / transformations but I need to add another data source and a join to the ongoing transformation. Is it possible to add it without loosing my downstream work? This is probably the biggest annoyance I have right now but I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

The idea really is to replace that sample to remove cols by sample > join > remove columns. Is it possible to do this without loosing the downstream steps?

If Sample had 1 input and 1 output, you could delete it without upsetting things. But because it has 1 input and 2 outputs the connections will be broken. We might handle this case better in future.

However in this case all you need to do is check disable sampling for the sample. It will then do no transformation (just pass the data through). No need to delete anything.

But I want that Join to be the middle man there without loosing the downstream work. I guess that is my problem. If I do what you can see now in this image, everything I did downstream needs to be re-done.

SS_2021-01-28_13-09-18_

Currently I can’t think of a way to add a Join between Sample and Remove Cols without it resetting column settings downstream. Maybe there will be a way in future.