Documentation of own configured transformation graphs

Hello,

I have some complexes processes implemented (see attached screenshot). Now it happens sometimes that an input file changes format, e.g. column is added. Afterwards some functions in the transform graph need adjustments, remove needs some correction, some files need to reconfigured, reorder, …

When the changed is loaded I would need now a for of (graphical) documentation of the graph before change in input, so that I easily can do the necessary adaptations. The .transform file in an editor is not really sufficient for me.
Is there anything which I doesn’t see?

Thanks,
Olaf

Olaf

Easy Data Transform handles input file columns by the position (index) not name. If your input file ordering changes (including adding and removing columns) you should use a Stack transform with Align columns by set to Header name to keep the ordering consistent. Please see Same columns with the same names, but in a different order here:

thanks a lot for this recommendation. I tried this and it is possible to ignore the changed fields or add them to the most right position. Very helpful.

One further question on this, currently I have 3 or 4 parallel transformation (exits) from the read data file. To insert a stack transformation for one following transaction is not a problem. But is it possible to insert it somehow in one shot before all parallel following transactions?

Thanks,
Olaf

You can select a connection and click Stack to add a stack between 2 existing items. No need to break and re-make the connection (which will nuke all column related options downstream). But you can only do this to 1 connection at a time.

Thanks, I use the insert between existing items all the time. Was looking if it is possible for more than 1 in a single action. So I will do it here 4 times (I don’t want to break the existing connections).

I think you can only do what you need with a separate Stack for each input.