Converting number to text

I need to convert a number column to text column. Tried to use javascript (if there is a native transformation, it is better!) to convert text to number, it works nice (~~ or multiplying by a number); when trying to convert from number to text, different approaches had failed:
.toString()
“”+ …

.toString() works but result is not a text (keep as numbers)

any suggestion will be appreciated,

Regards,
Miguel

Miguel

Easy Data Transform doesn’t have explicit typing of columns. So “123” might be treated as a number by some transforms and text by others. So I’m not sure what you mean. Do you mean when outputting to Excel or JSON? Can you give me an example of the input you have and the output you want.

I am trying to convert to Excel exporting, by example:

CleanShot 2022-02-04 at 16.54.31

Results in:
CleanShot 2022-02-04 at 16.55.10
Still a number, not text

But,
CleanShot 2022-02-04 at 16.55.59

works well, convert text to number

and
CleanShot 2022-02-04 at 16.57.44
works well (text to numbers)

What I need?
column had information in numbers but I need to convert (and save in an Excel file) as a text. I could do that in Excel using (TEXT function) but I need to transform a complete Material Master File every time that had been updated (coming from a report in SAP)

1 Like

So you want to set the column type in Excel to text for a column for full of numbers? You can do that by setting Formatting to Manual and selecting Text:

1 Like

It is amazing how deep knowledge do you have with this tool (sure you are the developer, but still amazed on how to get to solve problems with it), wow. It works as expected, thanks a lot!

Miguel

2 Likes

I am glad that helped