What new features would you like to see?

Hi,
I would like to see a table merging utility in EDT. Something that would let you combine disparate tables into one. using a visual interface; one where you could map fields to the same output table column or simply add unique fields to the output table if they were unique.

You would map the fields accordingly and be able to make changes to column names – and possibly data types – to the proposed output file in the setup.

I guess that each input table might need some changes along the way to make the overall input data more compatible with the output table’s layout. The file format of the output table would be user-selected from a few different formats, such as XML, CSV, etc.

Easy Data Transform already has extensive facilities for merging tabular data, including Stack, Join and Lookup.

1 Like

You might need to use RENAME before you STACK the tables (mentiened by @Admin) so that the columns match by name which you want to merge underneath.

1 Like

Yes please sir add an Actionable Data Catalog for all transformations

More info here: EasyMorph | Data retrieval

We’ll have to think about that one. But it sounds like a lot of work.

@Admin Ha ok if it takes too much ressources…

What about this: when openning a transformation file => it takes automatically as input file the very last file available input file in a given directory? This way I don’t have to open the transformation then selecting the file then running the process (PS I use Hyperplan and EDT in combo).

Can’t you just use a fixed name for the input file, then Easy Data Transform will always process the correct file?

1 Like

Sadly no as it is dropped by a distant machine from an external operator:

I see. We do want to add some folder related features in v2, e.g. import all the files matching a wildcard as a single stacked dataset. Perhaps ‘newest file’ is also a possibility. I will give it some thought. Until then, I believe there are other programs that will monitor a folder and perform an action, e.g. change the most recent file to a particular name.

OK sir, for info I may not and I will not change the names, for xyz reasons I am only authorized to read them.

Can you not make a copy of the latest file to a standard name in a different folder?

Yes I can but I prefer to pickup a new entry file directly from the transformation (faster). But then back in the starting point… :slight_smile: OK forget what I wrote.

I meant use an automatic tool or script to copy the most recently modified/created file in a folder to fixed name in a different folder. Then you could set ‘watch’ on the fixed name file. The whole thing should then work without any manual intervention.

on OSX Hazel does this very well, for Windows I have heard good stuff about File Juggler

2 Likes